10.11.2012

fairy party.

I'm not going to lie, I love that the girls' birthdays are just two weeks apart. That means I can combine their party and have a lot of fun with it. I'm kind of ridiculous too in the sense that I start thinking about their party way way ahead, say springtime. This past spring I came across a super adorable fairy cupcake set at TJ Maxx, that was not Disney Tinkerbell.  [I love that store. Probably too much.] And within the same week I saw some "decorate your own wings" at Michael Craft Store. (I didn't buy them then, and ended up purchasing them through Amazon.) After agreement from Audrey, we were set on a fairy party.


Of course, even though I start planning in my head months early, I usually don't do hands-on planning till the week before. I scored this Fairy book at a garage sale this past summer for a dollar. I used the beautiful whimsical fairy pictures for the invitations, which the girls helped make, and for a pendent banner to hang.


The kiddos decorated their own wings and wand. The day of the party I thought about having them put "fairy dust" on their cupcakes, but I didn't have sprinkles (beside chocolate) on hand that would work. Ah well, it was still a lot of fun!




I think my favorite part were the pictures I hung of each of the girls. I spray painted some frames from the Dollar Tree pink and added a picture from birth and each of their birthdays since--so Naomi had two pictures and Audrey had three. 


The girls Gamma (Andrew's mom) made the sweetest fairy outfits for them. But I didn't manage to get a good picture of them all dressed up, I still need to do that! I did get one of each of the girls before the party started, but Audrey was just wearing her pre-party outfit. 





It was a fairy good party. [har har har, I couldn't resist.]

Happy 2nd Birthday Naomi Fae and 4th Birthday Audrey Rose! 

P.S. Lincoln napped the entire time during the party. He is already trying to ignore all things girly.

No comments: