4.26.2010

Monday Rambles.

It's that time again. Time for me to release and write about whatever pops in my head. [It's like a cell-phone-chat-with-myself-session. But shhh, don't tell anyone].
  • We had so many love moments this past weekend. And I have absolutely no pictures to prove it. And I think that is a good thing sometimes. As much as I love photography and capturing the moment, I like those times when I'm completely in the moment instead of on the outside snapping.  We had an imprompt family date to a park and a waterfall. Which was absolutely beautiful because it just rained and no one else was there. As we were walking back to the waterfall, I may have said something like "I feel like we are in the rainforest." Or not. I'll let you decide.
  • Two words: Farmer's Market. This was our first trip of the season on Saturday and I can't wait to go back. We splurged on delicious chai tea, garlic and dill cheese, and a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers. There was music and oh my, it's the perfect place to people watch. Not that I do such a thing riiiiight. Then for lunch we ate ice cream. And the whole day was spent with my siblings, which is always a hoot if you know any of them.
  • I threw a baby shower on Sunday. I really enjoyed it. If you are curious, I am blogging about it each day this week over here. [You know, my other blog that I had high hopes for and great ambition and then I got pregnant and sick and focused on my survival skills instead. But now I am hoping to do better with keeping up that blog, feel free to leave me some love over there. Or here. Cause I love love, you know.]
  •  I can't stop eating Peanut Butter M&M's. That's all.
  • A week from tomorrow we find out that gender. Golly gosh, I can't believe it. I'm already 17 weeks. Which reminds me, I have done pretty much absolutely nothing for this next baby. However, I do have a dresser half dismantled sitting in the guest room ready to be sanded and painted so Audrey can have a new dresser and I can use the changing table for the new baby. [I started writing this during Audrey's nap time and now finishing it up. And I'm happy to report that the dresser is now sitting on my front porch, sanded, with one coat a paint on it. Productivity at 9pm rocks.]
  • I have had two cupcakes today. Two yesterday. And most likely two tomorrow. That's what happens when you host a shower and have lots of goodies left over. Please come by and save me and eat them, or not, cause we all know I love food. Plus I am sharing with the baby. One for me, one for the baby each day. Logical, yes?
  • I'm thinking about starting my etsy shop back up. I have some adorable hairclips I have made out of vintage fabrics and some jewelry. And maybe thinking about doing some apron dresses. But, honestly, I'm kind of scared. Of what, you ask? You know, the idea that I'm the only one in the world that likes my stuff. [Which is totally okay with me, it's just, I don't want to know that or not, by selling nothing.]
  • Audrey is starting to talk a lot with 2-3 words at a time. I can ask her to say something and she will repeat more than just the last word. It is so stinkin' cute. Imagine a cute little 18 month old saying things like "here-ya-guh" "dere-it-is" "com-ear" "m-n-m-pease" "sit-dowhn." One of the best things about being her mom is I totally understand her, strangers may not, but I hear those words rolling out.
Alright, once again, I feel better after rambling. Now back to the second coat of paint on that dresser.

No comments: