4.20.2012

pregnancy and house update.

I'm going to be quick here because the girls are napping and I have doctors orders to rest, so I am going to do just that. Tomorrow I will be 37 weeks, which is technically full-term. I'm excited to hit this point, since we have had a couple of hiccups along the way with a blood clot on my uterus and now my amniotic fluid being low. I have had at least two doctor appointments a week for the last couple of weeks, with weekly stress test monitoring on baby and checking of my fluids. This morning my fluid dropped yet again (not by a lot, but still much lower than what we want to see) and while I was being monitored I had a long contraction that caused the baby's heart rate to drop. The word c-section was tossed out there, and honestly, it scared me. If I continue to have contractions that cause the baby's heart rate to drop like that, a natural delivery may not be an option. Which is really hard for me to swallow--I had plans to {hopefully} have a similar experience as I did with Naomi- fast and natural. I go back in on Monday for more monitoring, I'm very much praying that my fluid will have gone up and baby's heart rate doesn't drop. Until then, I rest.

Well, sort of. The most rest I can do with two other kiddos. [Thankfully I have great friends and family who are so willing to help out. And a husband who stops in, in the middle of the day to check in on me.]


In other news, we are still waiting to hear if got the house that we put an offer in almost three months ago. The one house we want just happens to be a short sale, which is a terrible name for it, because it actually takes forever long. But I'm hoping our offer will eventually get accepted and we will look back on this and see it as a time to wait upon the Lord. We are in an intense waiting period. I'm anxious to get word on the house, but I'm not exactly ready for Lincoln to come yet. Thankfully, I can trust in my Maker's plan, He knows what I can and cannot handle. [Apparently, He thinks I can handle more than I do. I'm just going to trust Him.]

So, here I go, shifting my attitude, leaving the dishes in the sink, and propping my feet up. I'm especially looking forward to my baby shower this weekend. I have such amazing friends, that throw me a shower even with my third baby!

No comments: