7.17.2009

Chaos at it's finest.

I am sitting here typing in the newly arranged very blank living room. Actually, according to this, my house is suppose to look like no one lives here but still inviting and charming. (Really, now how am I suppose to do that?) As of about an hour ago our kitchen is missing a stove [and still has ALL the dust on the floor from it, ahem, not being moved in over 4 years]. An office that has half filled boxes in it. A basement that has so much miscellaneous stuff in it that I don't want to even go down there.

And all this so we can sell.

But don't worry my dining room table is nicely displaying old pictures of my husband and cute plates and dishes ready for tomorrow's big birthday bash. (That's about the only thing ready.)

[That's right, in the middle of trying to get our home ready to sell, I am throwing my husband a birthday party tomorrow.]

Back to the selling. Our home goes on the market on Monday. So I have been packing, "staging" our home, cleaning, and trying to keep a 9 month old happy.

Why are we selling? I know, I know. The first thing you are thinking- the economy is down, don't sell now. Sorry, folks, it's time. Don't get me wrong, we LOVE our home. I mean it is our first home. It is a cute 3 bedroom, 1 bath, country home with a great view from the back deck and a finished basement. [Anyone interested in buying it yet? I will give you a blog discount. Haha. Just kidding. Sort of.] BUT it is too far from town for us. We are just tired of driving. A LOT.

Now, we are kind of taking a leap of faith here. Because we don't know where we will be moving to. But that's what is great about faith, we don't have to know everything. We just trust He does. We aren't trying to climb the property ladder or move to a bigger place. We just want something simple and close to the places we drive to most.

So here goes nothing. We are selling and moving and living life. If you have any tips for us (for those who have sold/bought before), throw them our way!


Do you like how I try to hide how much I use parentheses by using [this] all the time? Did I fool you any? Yeah, I didn't think so.

No comments: