1.18.2010

15 Months.

I have a lot of thoughts in my head right now. And in these moments I am glad I blog. I blog for myself. To clear my mind. It helps, you should try it (if you don't already).

I spent the weekend away from my husband and Audrey. Three nights, four days away. They were in Indiana while I was in Tennessee. I spent some amazing time with two of my closest girlfriends. We didn't take a whole lot of pictures, because we were too busy relaxing, eating, shopping, and doing some major bonding. Both of these girls have beautiful faith that I admire. I am so lucky to have these relationships. I don't ever want to take them for granted.

You know that saying absence makes the heart grow fonder? Oh my, it certainly does. This was my first time away from Audrey over night. I wasn't worried. She was with daddy. But it was still so hard. I think I called at least five times a day and texted way too many times. I even requested a picture text. It helped. (Although, it didn't help to see the bruise she got between her eyes after tripping over a rug). One thing that will stick with me is when I called Andrew and he said we just got done having a tea party. My husband had a tea party with our little girl. I dreamed of moments like that. And now those moments are here. I also could hear in his voice how much he loved spending time with her. One-on-one time. She was amazing for him. [So amazing, I am sort of jealous how well she did with him. Slept wonderfully (Without a paci. She is officially weaned.) Played well. Ate well]. I made it until Sunday evening before I cried. They were love tears.

When I came home it was like I never left. She hugged me and kissed me and showed me all her toys like she normally does. It felt so right to be home. On top of it all, Audrey turned 15 months today. She requests to nap by saying "nigh nigh."  She loves to make monkey and elephant noises. She pretends to bake in her kitchen. She can recognize the IU symbol and say "babitball" or the Colts symbol and say "bootball." And most recently learned "gof" tonight while at Dick's Sporting Goods. She says "bubbles" while in the bath but hates it when they get all over her hand. She reminds us that we need to brush her teeth after bath by saying "eeth. eeth." Her strong-willled, independent personality is coming through (which I insist comes straight from her dad, ahem). We have a 15 month old and I can't hardly believe it.

No comments: