5.09.2010

that lovey dovey feeling.

I had that feeling all weekend. It started with the cards I received in the mail on Friday and ended with the good night kiss to Audrey tonight. 

I took in so many small "mama moments" this weekend. Like when Audrey yelled at Lowe's "MAMA! MAMA! DER-SHE-IS!" After I returned from just going down the next aisle. She greeted me with such love as if I was gone for days, but it was only a minute. Or when I gave up my corn on the cob [which trust me, wasn't easy, I had been craving it for a while now] just so I could watch Audrey chow down on it like a true Hoosier. Or when Audrey returned from visiting my dad's neighbor's house and wanted to tell me so bad about the peacocks. "Oper. Beh-ders. Oper." (In case you find it difficult to decode Audrey language she said "open. feathers. open." She got a special glimpse of the peacock opening it's feathers and she wanted me to know about it.

I get these moments because I'm a mama. And I feel so thankful for that.

We spent the weekend wrapping ourselves around family. Andrew's mom and Nana on Friday evening. And today I woke up to the smell of bacon, eggs, sausage, and pancakes made by my husband. It has been the perfect Mother's Day weekend. We even made a trip to Mimi's (my mom's) grave.
This is how Audrey stayed entertained for the 2.5 hours up north to visit her Gamma. Stickers. E.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. Oh, and Cheetohs.

From left to right: Andrew's mom aka Gamma, Andrew's sister aka Aunt Suzanne, Andrew's Nana aka Nana, Audrey aka Dah-rey, me aka Mama, my niece aka Cousin Harlie, my soon-to-be-sister-in-law aka Aunt Astrid
We spent part of our afternoon today walking around the lake. It was lovely. It was even lovlier to be with my husband and girls. [Side note: That is Audrey's face when we ask her to say "cheese." How stinkin' cute, yes?]
I'm [almost] 19 weeks along in this picture with my Naomi Fae.

Audrey giving Mimi fresh flowers for her grave.
.
.
.
.
.
Did I mention Andrew bought me these? I can't wait to get my Tom's in the mail! And I can't help but wonder what child will be wearing a pair because of the purchase.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas!

No comments: