8.20.2011

townie.

Did you know I never moved anywhere growing up? Same house all of childhood. Then when college came, I experienced the dorm life for a short bit, moved back home to help my mom when she was ill, and then lived in an apartment with my best friend before I got married. All in the same town. And I'm still here.

To tell you the truth, we don't have plans to really ever move away. Yeah, there are warmer climates I would looooove to live in (especially during the winter months). And to have a lemon tree right outside my house? That would be delightful. But, for obvious reasons (family-hello, free babysitting) and not-so-obvious reasons, I'm happy and content with this town, I have and will (probably) always call home.

In fact, the house we are praying about buying is just minutes from where I grew up. Like, our kids will be going to the same elementary school I went to. Never in a million years did I think that would be my future when I was a teenager.  I was totally "I can't wait to get out and experience the world and move away." [Funny how you think you have to go searching for something and it's really right under your nose.]



Family Saturday Ritual: Farmer's Market- popcorn and music is a must. Oh, summer, please don't fade away too fast.

So, we are here, doing our thing, creating new and exciting experiences in this same ol'town of mine. Embracing it full-on. [Also? I would not be opposed to lots of family traveling in the future.]

No comments: