8.02.2011

life lesson {you can do it}.

I tried to teach Audrey a life lesson today. That it's okay to be scared and still do things. How did I teach her, you ask? Oh, you may laugh a little or at least give a half-smirk. Ready for it?

I went off the diving board.

And this is when I had a realization that I am in fact, growing older and turning into a true parent. I was actually nervous to go off the diving board. [Don't you remember when your mom didn't want to jump on the trampoline and do flips with you or go tubing with you behind the boat? I was always like what mom, it's the best ever. You are strange to not want to do these awesome things.] Alright, I wasn't just jumping off, I was attempting to whip out a back-dive. And all I kept envisioning was me doing a back-flop.

But I looked at Audrey right before and told her it was okay if I was feeling a little scared, I know I can do it.

And I did. Totally did my back-dive with pointed toes and all. Let me mention, I haven't been off a diving board in over three years, since before I was pregnant with Audrey. So, it was kind of a [big] deal to me.

Now, really a back-dive isn't a big deal. But the real deal, is encouraging my babies when they are feeling a little scared and boosting their confidence with you can do it.  And what better way to teach then to do.

These, girls, I want them to know that they can do it. It doesn't matter what it is, big or small.

You go, girls.

Audrey typical play: shoe turns into a boat to save Cinderella and her horse.

Book-lover Naomi. 

YOU CAN DO IT.

No comments: