3.12.2009

Brand vs. Generic.

Are you kidding me? Look at this poptart box (and the actual poptarts). Are kids shopping nowadays for the food of the house? This is just crazy.


I just made myself a bowl of oatmeal. It is Kroger brand and quite delicious. I have had the real stuff before and I must say, I could do Kroger oatmeal more often. Other things I could do Kroger brand: cottage cheese, ketchup, tortilla chips, and I could come up with a long list but I am too lazy to go upstairs and look in my fridge. However, there are some things that must remain Brand name. Like ice cream, for example. Hello, Breyers all the way. And many times you can find it on sale like 2 for $5. Not bad, not bad at all.
Buying generically is a great way to save. Feel free to share what you buy off-brand. [Off-brand sounds not so cheap, right?)

No comments: