3.19.2009

The Park and My Wondering Mind.

I went to the park for the past two days. It has been lovely. I find myself sitting on the bench looking around at all the other moms (and dads) and children there and just wonder. I wonder what their job is. If they have a job. Where they live. Then I think about Audrey at that age and what she will be doing. Will Audrey enjoy climbing the giant lizard when she is two? Will she come running to me to show me something on the ground when she is 5? How many kids will I have when Audrey is 8? Then I go back to the moment I am in right then. Me sitting on the bench holding my precious 5 month old daughter. Who is looking around and taking everything in. Oh, and I also think about how put together every mom looks there at the park and wonder if I look even remotely close to that. I mean seriously, there are moms there chasing a one or two year old and fully pregnant and look as if they do not have a care in the world. It is pretty impressive.

No comments: