6.23.2009

Wow. It's Nice to See Green.

He's back. My 19 year old brother. For two weeks. Back from half of his one-year tour in Iraq as a Military Police officer. And one of the first things he said was "Wow, it's nice to see green. To see trees and grass." The things I take for granted every single day. He was thankful to see. It really put things into perspective.


While waiting for him to arrive. We checked out the new Indianapolis Airport. I was totally impressed. The architectural is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. And it actually didn't feel overcrowded. Or smell funny. And there was plenty of areas to people watch. [My favorite thing to do at an airport. I a thinking about taking it up as a hobby.] One of the coolest parts were the luggage made into chairs. Here I am sitting on the luggage while carrying Audrey in my new Ergo carrier [LOVE LOVE LOVE it and so does my hubster- more on that in another post.]



I was so proud to stand there waiting for him to get off the plane. I almost grabbed every single person that walked by to tell them. Then I realized I would probably look like a weirdo and be suspected of carrying firearms and taken into custody and questioned and then jailed and totally miss my brother getting off the plane. So I didn't. I just kept my excitement to myself.




P.S. Totally off subject- but I must give a shout out to Mariah for creating my new header and making my blog three columns. It looks rad, I know. Thanks!

No comments: