7.23.2010

and i'm off.

I'm leaving for Chicago (yes, I was just there last week) this morning. But this time it is just me to spend a weekend with three of my closest girlfriends.

Oh, and Naomi too, of course.

29 weeks along (as of last Tuesday).

It would only be fair for me to bring Naomi, since Audrey traveled with me two years ago.

25 weeks along with Audrey in July 2008. Taken in the Sears Willis Tower. Hopefully we can have a repeat shot with Naomi.

A weekend like this is far and few in between. It is cherished. Anticipated. Remembered. And bittersweet. I weekend without my husband and my sweet baby girl. But this trip is needed. It will be refreshing. And good.

Audrey will be spending the entire day with her Aunt Hanni (Hannah) today. Whom she totally adores. I have her lunch packed and ready to go in what used to be my Mickey and Minnie lunchbox when I was little. Audrey used my old lunch box for the first time the other day and it was pretty much the cutest thing ever. She didn't want to put it down.


If you look really close, you can see where I wrote "Ab" on it. Why I never finished writing my name? It will remain a mystery.

So, now I'm off. It's a daddy-daughter weekend and a girls weekend for me.

No comments: