7.27.2010

sometimes.


Sometimes I'm that mom that wakes up and makes minnie mouse pancakes including a bow on top, eggs, and toast just for Audrey and sometimes I just pour her a bowl of cereal.

Sometimes I'm that mom that doesn't turn on the tv for days and not even realize it and sometimes Audrey gets Clifford in the morning and youtube clips throughout the day. 

Sometimes I'm that mom that has the best morning planned with trips to the park, library, and the farm, and sometimes it takes my everything to just get through a morning at home.

Sometimes I'm that mom that dresses her in the most adorable outfit and pigtails, and sometimes I let her go almost all day half-dressed in pj pants and no top.

Sometimes I'm that mom that plans out healthy meals and make sure she gets her fruits and veggies, and sometimes I let her eat cookies before dinner and two popsicles after.

Sometimes it is so hard being a mom. Trying to live up to a standard that doesn't really exist. And sometimes it's best to just let go and be.

No comments: