10.06.2010

naomi's story.

Just two days ago I was saying It is going to happen. And soon. And probably really quick.

It did. Not even 24 hours later. I'm so glad I waited.

Naomi has entered the world on her exact due date and has a beautiful story to share.

It started at 7:45am Tuesday. I woke up, yawned, and had a sort of intense contraction. But I didn't think much of it, considering I have been contracting for over three weeks now. Then within 45 minutes I had about four more intense ones and then I proceeded to get sick and started to bleed some. [Which definitely concerned me, but when I arrived at the hospital the nurses said the bleeding was normal because I was actual in transition by that time already.] I knew I was in labor.

We arrived at the hospital at 9:15am. Holding tight to my husband because the contractions were fast and hard. I was checked in at about 8cm. That created some confidence in myself that I can do this. I am doing it. And instead of trying to think about the breathing techniques I learned in the birth class with Audrey two years ago, I let my body tell me what to do and how to breathe. And honestly, I handled transition so much better. I labored on my side, ate ice chips, and just breathed. Exactly how I wanted. I let my Type A personality come out (unlike the other day), and did it the way I wanted to.

Within 15 minutes of pushing, Naomi Fae entered the world at 10:07am. Just a mere 52 minutes after getting to the hospital, and only 2 hours and 22 minutes since my first contraction began. She came, not induced and without any medicine.

I feel so empowered. It was a beautiful experience. That's not to say, that is wasn't extremely difficult and painful. And while I was pushing I didn't think I could actually do it. But I did.

She weighed in at 7 lbs. 7 oz and a super long 22 inches. She is healthy and has a full set of dark hair. And has nursed so naturally. We are both doing well. After some slight hemorrhaging, I was put on some fluids, and I'm now doing fine. We opted to leave the hospital as soon as we could. And now we are home. As a family of four.

No comments: