10.04.2010

type a, trying to be a little type b.

I almost didn't publish this post. Because I'm sort of thinking you guys are over hearing about my pregnancy that just keeps going. BUT, then I am reminded as much as I write for you, I really, really write for myself. And I want to remember this.

After a weekend that included e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. you can think of to help naturally induce labor (from a boat ride to walking a ton to running to spicy food to bouncing on an exercise ball, you get the idea), I went to my 40 week appointment this morning with hope.

I received an oh-my-gosh you are still here walking around at 5cm from the doctor, I didn't expect to see you. And then I was checked. No new progress, but it he was pretty confident that I am not going to progress anymore until labor actually begins. I have made it as far as I can without actually going into labor. [I think I should throw myself a party or something, that's a big accomplishment, right? Or treat myself to some thrift store therapy shopping.] Then he offered to let me have the option of inducing at anytime I would like. We didn't schedule another appointment, because he is sure I won't make it another week. Hmmm.

Option to induce? Like, let me take charge and sort of plan this? I called Andrew and told him the option. And my Type A personality came flying out. I'm a planner. An organizer. A worrier. This could work. I mean, I am so ready and so is my body. We could easily find someone to watch Audrey at a decent hour. Everyone can plan to be at the hospital at to the right time. No waking up in the middle of the night to get to the hospital. Oh, yes, inducing sounds so enticing. Let's do it.

Or not.

I sat back and prayed about it. And my Type A personality got thrown under the covers. I'm going to wait it out. I'm so close. It is going to happen. And soon. And probably really quick. And you know what? I'm really excited about the adrenaline part of not knowing and then it suddenly happening.

So, it may be today. Tonight. Tomorrow. Or in a couple days. Until then, we wait with more snuggles and cuddling and trust in His plan.

P.S. This is my decision. In no way, am I saying induction is a bad thing. I respect each mother's decision on what to do for labor. Also, I have a big belly picture to add, but blogger is being all difficult and not letting me upload any right now. But I'm sure you can imagine it.

No comments: