10.01.2010

hi.

[Warning: this post contains things that you probably won't want to read. But I'm super pregnant and I feel like writing.]

I'm here. All of me and the extra 30 pounds I'm carrying right now. (Yes, I just revealed my awesome weight gain. And honestly, it doesn't bother me one bit.)

Yesterday I went to the doctor for my 39 week check up. And she greeted me with "Wow, I can't believe you are still here." Oh, yeah, thanks. Then she did the check. And I'm going to tell you. [Here is where you stop reading.] 5cm and 90% effaced. I'm already half way there. I then requested to have my membranes swept. [I told you to stop reading.] That's it, I have to be going into labor any second. After the encouraging words that labor is going to happen soon and probably quick, doc left the room. And before I even got dressed, I sent the husband a text to share the good news.

I went home and we waited.

And now, 24 hours later, we are still waiting. I can't sleep, because, surely it is going to happen at any second. I go to the bathroom 54 times a day. I have taken two walks today, one that ended with a nice run at the end. Folks, I ran today. I can't tell you the last time I went for a run. And then, we ate spicy food for lunch.

Taken two minutes ago with my regular, old camera, not my DSLR,
because that camera is packed away ready to go the hospital.

I'm 39 weeks and 3 days. And I'm so ready. I know, I know, I have heard it all. She will come when she is ready. Take in these last days of having just one. Cherish your pregnancy. Trust me, I have done all that. I feel so blessed to be this far. But I'm ready to hold my sweet newborn, mmmmkay.

No comments: