12.22.2011

baby {boy} wishlist.

[Here is my boy wishlist I created two days before I knew we were actually having a boy. Also, I have already made first boy purchase! A super adorable Mad Boy cowboy pj set and a Bambino Land comfy outfit via Zulily.]

With each consective baby you realize what you need and really don't need {which is quite a bit}. But you also learn that sometimes it's okay, and even better to invest in a piece that is more durable and will last through multiple kids (or have good resale value or keep as a keepsake).

That's where I am at. Thinking about what I really do need/wish  for baby #3, our BOY!  I would rather have less and love, love the baby items. Then buy something because it's on sale. [Don't get me wrong, I am a true sucker for sales.]

I received so, so many blankets for the girls. Blankets are great- for play, laying on, picture backdrops, swaddling, and of course keeping warm. Most of them are however, pink. This time around I would love to get some Aden and Anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets for my little man. [These aren't over the top screaming boy, but I love the orange and grey combo and think they would be perfect.]

Amazon, $40

If it has cowboy print on it, I'm all for it. I love this blanket- which makes a great playmat too!

Etsy, Peppermint Pinwheels, $35

Now, I know babies do not need shoes until they are learning to walk and even then I'm a fan of soft sole ones like Robeez. But, I can't resist these adorable mustache booties.

Etsy, Charlie's Giraffe, $20

I love looking at baby carriers and slings. There are so many beautiful, well-crafted ones out there. And hello, they work magic. I'm thinking this time around, I might need a couple of new ones, like this gorgeous floral blue and orange ring sling, it's a great price too!
Etsy, Zmunki, $45


I've been coveting an AngelPack Carrier for a while now, ever since my cousin, Erin, raved about one. I just haven't been able to justify buying one because I own an Ergo, which I absolutely love. The Ergo is super comfortable, easy to use, and works with babies all the way up to 40 lbs (Audrey can still be worn!). But the downfall to my Ergo is it isn't very compatible for babies less than 3 or 4 months without the newborn insert (which I don't own and can get rather toasty-- I will be having a summer baby).  I think the AngelPack has the extra head support needed for wee little ones. And not to mention the fabric!? Gorgeous. When I bought the Ergo, I had in mind that my husband would use it (which he certainly does), so that means the look is pretty basic. I'm ready for some super cute! I love the Cherry Blossom print.

AngelPack, $139

I'm so excited to be shopping for boy clothes! I like the challenge of finding unique boy pieces, that aren't all sporty {the hubs is all about the sports, it's already a funny discussion on how to dress our boy}. I love this sleeper gown I found, these are terrific for those middle of night diaper changes.

Etsy, Aimee Sharp, $18

There are so many adorable and SAFER teething toys out there. I could get lost on Etsy looking at all the beautiful handcrafted wooden ones. And I think my boy needs this one.

Etsy, Teeth Me, $8

There is my first wishlist. I'm sure to create more- ha! Tell me, if you have a boy, what is an essential, must-have? Brands that last?
P.S. We have a name! Some of you that know me well, know the name already. I'm looking forward to sharing it very soon! I'm thinking I should get Audrey on video saying it.

No comments: