12.01.2011

happy december.

I'm so excited it's December. We started our Advent activities today. We were going to paint some little people for our Nativity Scene, but the craft store didn't have the ones I wanted, so we improvised and Audrey picked out a Nutcracker ornament to paint. She loves the Nutcracker, I can't wait till she is old enough to take her to it.


I have been slowly getting the house decorated for the holidays. I did most of it last Friday, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the front porch and our "mantle." I think decorating is a process, and can take time to make it just right. So far, I'm liking what our front porch is looking like, not quite finished, but almost. I like simplicity.

Nothing like using sticks from the yard to decorate with, right? I popped some large sticks in a container, filled it with some decor stuff, and added lights. The only thing I bought were the lights. [Psst. The idea came from Pinterest. And now I admit I may be slightly addicted. So many great ideas. And inspiring.]



For the other part of the porch, I just used some greenery that was cut from our tree. And I bought the wooden tree from TJ Maxx.


It's kind of bitter-sweet to think this may be our last Christmas in this house. I do love the coziness of it.

No comments: