5.29.2009

The Dreaded Purchase.

I have to do it. I have to make the post-baby swimsuit purchase. I wanted to wait until I lost more weight. But, um, then I realized that probably is not going to happen. Or at least for a while. I went to the pool for the first time on Wednesday. And I wore what I thought was a cute, black, halter, one-piece. Until I put it on. And it brought back all the memories associated with it...like wearing it to the summer camp I worked at everyday like four years ago. I really don't want to wear a four year old swimsuit. And it definitely wasn't flattering. Like I pictured in my head. And I am not even going to attempt my bikini from last year. However, is it wrong that I might want to try-on-a-two-piece? Yeah, you are probably right. I shouldn't try to fool myself. Oh, and notice I said two-piece. Because that is exactly what it would be. Nothing crazy. Because, let's face it, I am nursing, and well, you can guess the rest. I don't want to be one of those moms. You know, the one that walks up to the baby pool and the moms around whisper, but clearly loud enough for you to hear "she should not be in that swimsuit."

All that said, I am hoping tonight I can talk the husband in to going with me to look. He does not know this yet. If you have any suggestions on swimsuits, throw them my way.

No comments: