8.21.2009

The Bathroom.

This past week I was in my school a lot to help my maternity leave set up the classroom. (Yes, I am still on leave even though my baby is 10 months, I feel like I should just call it baby leave.) It wasn't too weird being back in the classroom until I went into the bathroom right across the hall.

Here, imagine this...

You are 8.5 months pregnant. You have been teaching all day to 22 kindergarteners. This includes singing, dancing, talking in funny voices, and anything else to make learning o'so fun. Your feet (which you cannot see anymore) are swollen like a pig on steroids and wonder how your bones got lost in a sea of squishiness. You keep feeling contractions, but think nothing of it, because in fact, the doc said the previous day that you have at least another week. The school day has just ended. It's Friday. Finally Friday. But you have to stay after because, what if, what if you happen to go into labor. Nah, that won't happen. But you better get plans ready just in case. There you go again. You have to go the bathroom for the 62nd time that day (remember, you have a baby sitting snugly on your bladder). You go to the bathroom across from your room, the one you have become quite fond of, because you are in there at every single break. And then it happens. Your water breaks. Oh my gosh, did that just happen. Yup, clearly it did. Next thought in your head? Thank goodness this did not just happen a half an hour earlier, how would I have explained it to 5 and 6 year olds? You and that bathroom will never be the same.

So, you can see why it was strange being in that bathroom this week. It brought back a lot of crazy moments for me.

No comments: