8.02.2009

Anybody want a glass of lemonade?

When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade. Right? What if life throws you a giant one that has been on steroids and is genetically enhanced. Because I had like 10 of those thrown at me last week.

Here. Let me get straight to the point.
My husband lost his job. It was official on Friday.

And my job. Well, I get paid in coos, and smiles, and the pulling of my hair, and the changing of diapers, but not cash. Zero cash.

Oh, and we are still trying to sell our house. And buy another one. In the midst of this no job thing. Sounds brilliant, right? Ha.

I cried. Boy, have I cried. I told my husband something like this "Well, I guess we are going to eat Ramen Noodles for the rest of our life. Have you looked for a job today? Have you? I can't believe this. At least Audrey will not go hungry. She has the boob if nothing else."
[I know. I know. Not the most supportive wife. But I am trying. I really am.]
[Oh, and I totally went out and bought lots of Ramen Noodles the next day. I was not joking about that part.]
This all happened last week. This week is much better. Not better in the sense that my husband found his dream job. BUT he does have one. Thank goodness. His awesome brother has hired him until he finds something else. OR until he starts his own business. Uh huh, that's what he wants to do. I am kind of excited about this part. I know the hubster can do it. He is the hardest working guy. Ever. And extremely talented.

So, here's to making one GIGANTIC GLASS of lemonade.

We celebrated with a trip to the zoo yesterday. Actually we were forced out of our home for 4 hours while we had an open house. So we went to the zoo with our zoo pass. We spent zero dollars and even got to pet sharks.

No comments: