8.16.2009

Country Living.

With September right around the corner, I was thinking about one of my favorite things to do. For the past two years I have gone on a road trip with some of my girlfriends to the annual Country Living Fair. Yes, folks, the magazine, Country Living, is what I am talking about. And oh, is it amazing. Even if you don't like the country look. In fact, I don't even like the country look, a.k.a, roosters and stars and forest green and cranberry colors everywhere. (Sorry if that is your cup of tea. You probably wouldn't like my taste either then. So there.) But I do like the country. The peace, the take-in-the-moment feeling, the sit on the porch with an old glass coca-cola bottle. And I like old, vintage things and to think about the history of them. And for the most part I like the vendors I see in the magazine. And those vendors will be live at the fair! It is totally cool to see things come out of the magazine right there and meet those creative people. [And I am not going to start the next sentence with and, I promise.]

Last year I toted Audrey around in the belly.

Audrey really wants to go this year. She told me. She remembers how cool it was to hang out in my belly last year, but wants to experience it first-hand this time. BUT, this year that weekend is already booked. We have a wedding to attend to. So, I am encouraging you to go, so I can live vicariously through you. If you live in the midwest area (like say, near Columbus, Ohio), have September 18-20 free, and love to look at really cool things, you should go. The experience in itself is worth it. And it would make me totally jealous of you. K, thanks. But please don't rub in Audrey's face, she might get mad.

No comments: