9.10.2009

Change.

It's crazy to think in one month how different our lives are going to be. I sit here with the windows open listening to the crickets. I woke up to the sun creating a mist over the trees. It was beautiful. Will I still have all this in the city? I am taking in every moment I have left here. Here in our first home. Audrey's first home. The place we retreat to. Then I really think about it. And remind myself that we make the home. And our next place is going to be just as much as a home as this place was to us. And I am grateful for that.

I am grateful for change. It makes me appreciate. And love. And be hopeful. With the seasons changing, our home changing, Andrew's job change, it has made me really reflect on how my life has changed in the past year. Being a mom has brought a whole new meaning to my life. I'm a mom. I have been one for almost 11 months and it is still sometimes strange for me to say. But I am ever so grateful to be a mom.

I think about Labor Day last year and this year. Each holiday has been completely different from the last.

Here I am wearing Audrey in my Ergo on Labor Day this year at the annual Old Car Show we go to.
Audrey and cousin Jonathan getting in some good bonding time. 3.5 months apart, they are great friends.
And this is last year. Same car show. Still wearing Audrey. In the belly. 7.5 months pregnant. (Um, ignore my Vanna White wanna-be pose. Why did I do that? Note to self: Do not pose like that in pictures ever again.)

Times are a changin'. And I am embracing it.


No comments: