yesterday was a {very} good day.

Mama, Aomi's art beat! [Translation: Mama, Naomi's heart beat! Which equals one of the cutest things I have ever heard.]

I looked up and saw on the screen her eyes. Hands. Feet. Belly. Tush. Mouth. Which I'm pretty sure she smiled at me. (We saw it in 4D. I saw chubby cheeks and a squished nose against my belly. It was crazy weird.) While all at the same time my husband held Audrey in his lap, while she repeatedly told me she was eating a sucker, mama. It was so real. My little family was right there.

And the nurse just kept saying "she looks fantastic. what a beautiful baby." Those words were exactly what I needed to hear. I also learned that:
a) she is measuring in about 5lbs (and I still have 7 weeks till my due date)
b) supposedly she has a lot of hair according to the nurse (I'll believe it when I see it)
c) she is one very active baby (duh, my belly is a jungle gym for her apparently, especially in the middle of the night, when you know, I would like to sleep since it will all be gone soon)

Then after the ultrasound the doctor came in and caught me scarfing down a salad, Cheetohs, and banana pudding like I hadn't eaten in days did a heart echo. And before I knew it, it was over and we heard the best news. It appears Naomi's heart is terrific. No signs of Pulmonary Stenosis (what Audrey was diagnosed with at birth).

And just like that, we left.

On the way home we shared the good news. [I clearly remember when we were driving home from Riley Hospital bawling our eyes out sharing the difficult news that Audrey was going to have a heart procedure done. I'm so, so thankful we were able to share happy news and have a cheerful ride home.]

And to make the night even better we had a "date night" and I bought Naomi her "hospital to home" outfit off of Etsy from the store Zaa Berry.

I'm getting so excited about having a newborn around. Eek!
[Not to damper the happy mood from yesterday, but this morning my husband called and told me his office, (his business and his brother's business that they both just started in the last year or so) had been robbed. Really important things were taken. It was devastating to hear my husband's voice. His hard work was stolen right from him. Now we will be spending the next couple of weeks sorting things out and trying to get back on track. So, little prayers would be appreciated for this too. Thanks, friends. You're the best.]

No comments: