9.09.2010

getting there.

I can now say I'm less than a month away from my due date which may cause for a preggo dance, watch out. Sleeping is pretty much out the door. And if you saw me yesterday, you would have laughed (I surely did at myself), because just going up and down our basement steps four times carrying small loads of books, I had to take a break and was breathing heavily. The good news? I don't have k-ankles. This may not sound like much of a celebration, but at this point in my pregnancy with Audrey I was swollen like a water balloon on the verge of bursting. I had to wear support hose and have a cane. Okay, fine, I didn't have a cane, but I definitely wore those funny hose things to help with circulation. This time around, I can still see my bones in my ankles, and overall feeling pretty good.


Our bags are half-packed for the hospital. Naomi's room is still filled with tools and other random things. I have a dozen of things still left on the "to-do-before-baby-comes" list. But I just keeping thinking to myself, it's okay, the things that need to be done will and the rest won't matter because you are going to have a precious newborn soon.

Then my brain thinks about Audrey and how she is going to react. I think that's what I'm most nervous about. I mean, Audrey LOVES babies. She always has one with her. She talks to them with a sweet voice, pats their backs, shares food, asks them if they are okay when they fall, and sings songs to them. And lately she has been into wearing her babies and nursing. [Two things I have been talking to her a lot about with Naomi coming.] Which is pretty much the cutest thing ever.


Okay, yup, she is going to be an awesome big sister. The only thing I might be slightly worried about is the fact that she likes all of her babies naked. Sorry, Audrey, but your little sister is going to have to wear clothes.

[Little sister will be here before we know it. Tuesday, I'm considered full-term. Whoa.]

No comments: