9.28.2010

still going strong.

I honestly didn't think I would make it to this week. I'm 39 weeks today. I only made it to 37 weeks and 5 days with Audrey. But it's just a good reminder that all of this, it's all in His perfect timing. Lately I have been thinking about how crazy it is that doctors can't predict when you will go into labor. I mean, people can have heart transplants and new skin reconstructed and attached, but the actual day that labor begins is still uncertain. But He knows. For me, that is I all really need.

And as much as I'm ready to not have this gigantic (beautiful, yes, I think all pregnant bellies are beautiful) belly, I'm so very thankful that I have made it this far. It just means she is growing healthier and healthier everyday.


Not to mention, it has given me some extra love time with Audrey. This morning Audrey and I got another date in together. I'm soaking in these last days of just me and her. With my friend and her two daughters, we took a trip to an apple orchard and then hit up a pizza and play place. It was a good time, despite the first ten minutes at the pizza place where Audrey fell off her chair and then manages to throw up two minutes later by gagging herself with her fingers. Parenting at it's finest, I tell you.


Now the afternoon is spent resting. Candles lit. My new fall dried flower arrangement on the table, and homemade peanut butter (not by me, but from the orchard) ready to be snacked on.

While we wait. Wait with so much love and anticipation.

No comments: