9.03.2010

waddle waddle.

The hormones are raging. I'm 35 weeks along (or I like to look at it as 35.5 weeks because every.single.day counts) and one minute I may be happy as a clam and the next, well, I might need a tissue. [Hey, at least I admit to it, right?] I'm not sleeping well, even though I try to get a lot of sleep, it just doesn't work when I have an escape artist in my belly trying to get out in the middle of the night, and I have to pee, and I have a rash that itches like crazy. Folks, I am one of the lucky few (.8 percent of pregnant women get it) that developed PUPPS during this last week. It is basically a really irritating rash that only pregnant women get, it is on my belly and makes my arms and legs itch too. BAD. The good news is it doesn't harm the baby or me. Just makes me go crazy. That's all.

Today I am having one of those days. I have been short on patience with Audrey and if I see one more ant in our kitchen I am going to scream and catch it on fire. Or not, but so very tempted to. The pile of papers laying next to our desk is about to go into the trash, no matter how important they are. The laundry in the dryer may just sit there for a couple of more days as I pretend it is already folded and put away.


And right when I am about to lose it, a beautiful breeze comes in thru my windows and it sends the aroma of my fall candle right to me. And I feel better. Then I look at my kitchen and ignore the ants and think about how blessed I am to have lots of counterspace and food to eat (both of which the ants love). I look over to the pile of papers that need sorted and think about how thankful I am to have money to pay my bills. And then I think about the laundry in the dryer and think how fast Audrey is growing and how Naomi will one day wear her clothes. And when my patience runs dry with Audrey she will say or do the cutest thing and I just melt for her love.
.
.
.
.

Now I just need to take down my hallway mirror so I can stop watching myself waddle. And then I will feel much better.

[Aren't pregnancy hormones, great?]

No comments: