- I officially started a part-time job at the beginning of July. I'm the Elementary Director at our church. It was a position that sort of fell into my lap by the grace of God. It is totally awesome and I'm so thankful for a job that allows me to work from home 90% of it. But, I'm definitely learning how to juggle being a stay-at-home-part-time-working mama. It's not as easy I thought. So part of my m.i.a. is due to that.
- Last week I spent a good deal of time freaking out because I had 50 people coming to my 1200 square foot home for Andrew's 30th birthday bash and the weather was suppose to be bad. You know how it goes, right--it doesn't rain for fifteen days straight and the one day you don't want it to, it does. Yeah, it totally went that way. We made due, and it was fun, and I learned what type of perfume and cologne everyone wears because we were that close to each other inside my house. [Actually, it stopped raining for about an hour or so, so we managed some outside relief. Whew.] Also, the theme was Dirty Thirty, we had muddy water (root beer floats), dirt mounds (brownie bites on a stick), dirt pudding, "dirty" veggies and fruits, and wings and meatballs to get messy with. It was a fun little theme, if I do say so myself.
- The same day as Andrew's party, we had Naomi dedicated at church. Between both of our families we took up three rows. We feel so blessed to have family willing to travel for such an important day.
- Audrey took her first trip to an amusement park with my sister. She LOVED the kiddie roller coasters. And I loved the day to recover from the big party with just one baby at home.
- We randomly looked at a house for sale, and I now can't stop thinking about it. So, I think our house is going to go on the market here in the next couple of weeks. Lots and lots of packing and staging going to be happening over here.
- I woke up this morning with pink eye. Made a quick trip to the doc for anti-biotics, and praying no one else in the fam gets it.
- We hit up our local fair tonight. And all I bought was a pineapple whipped ice cream cone. I must go back for an elephant ear and corn on the cob.
- Oh, I almost forgot. Naomi is officially crawling as of last Tuesday. Which has made my life a tad more challenging. But boy, do I love seeing her little tush go everywhere. She is still really into walking by holding our hands. I think walking may come early!
Oh, one more thing--I have a big sale going on in my Etsy shop--40% off everything with coupon code "MOVINGSALE", quick go check out the fun vintage and handmade items!