5.14.2013

it wasn't by accident.

[Naomi is doing so so well post-surgery. She is actually laying in bed, eating her second popsicle and watching Brave. Going in and out of sleep. I mean, come on. Girl has such strength.]

It wasn't by accident that Lincoln actually slept well last night even though he has been completely out of whack and not sleeping the nights before.

It wasn't by accident that Lincoln woke at the same time as Naomi early this morning, as happy as can be, reached in and hugged his sister right before we left.

It wasn't by accident that we saw the most beautiful sunrise this morning. The sun rays. I can't even. So glorious. The entire drive.

It wasn't by accident that Dr. West was Naomi's head surgeon, along with her entire team including Dr. Walker, Dr. Croop, Lindsey, Lauren, and so many many more.

It wasn't by accident that Naomi was peacefully loopy when we said our goodbyes to her this morning and actually laughed at her responses. {She looked at Andrew and asked if he was married, too funny!}

It wasn't by accident that the tumor was located in Naomi's chest, near her heart and lungs. Because this is actually rare in Neuroblastoma, but also to her advantage in that it is easier to remove.

It wasn't by accident that Dr. West was able to remove more tumor than she even hoped. Her goal was 90%, because if she could do that, many times the last 10% will regress on it's very own. 95% was removed. 95.

It wasn't by accident that we were right here. In this hospital. Worshipping. We worshipped and guarded our hearts with scripture. We prayed and we laughed. We sung songs of praise. And we felt so much peace through the entire procedure. The entire day. This journey, starting last Thursday.

It wasn't by accident that I felt comfortable enough leaving Naomi with Andrew (after I spent some good time with her) to just sleep, while I snuck away to love on my other babies and see that they were doing well.

You see, it wasn't by accident or luck or positive thoughts or good karma. This indescribable peace this whole time is only by God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. The prayers. The prayers were felt and answered. {thank you for sharing our story and praying}

He is meeting us here. Right where we are. He meets you, right where you are. We are broken people, I am broken. Yet He wants to do great things with us. With me. With my sweet baby Naomi.

He knew this was going to happen long before this. "Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one them came to be." Psalm 139:16

My children are my life. I would give my life to protect them. My biggest fear, I'm living it. Yet, I don't feel the burden that I should. Because of Jesus.

I don't know how this story will end. We know that today was so good and the surgery couldn't have gone better. And that people every where, and I mean all over the world were crying out and praying to heal our precious baby.

Each day we will face new challenges and unknowns and waiting to hear results from this test and that test. We will find out if the cancer has spread, if it is in her bone marrow. We will find out if it is in any other parts of the body. We will find out the stage and what type of Neuroblastoma we are actually facing. Naomi has a lot of healing to do.

But this I know. "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 

Today was a gift. A gift from God.





{I want to be sensitive to other stories out there. To parents who are currently struggling with children with diseases and cancer. I want to pick up every single child I see suffering at the hospital. I want to kiss them and love them. My heart breaks for parents who have lost children to such battles. Every single story is different. Every journey is different. The enemy tries to win, but God is bigger. He is our refuge. He is your refuge. Right where you are.}


No comments: