6.06.2011

eight. months. old.

Last night Audrey spent a good forty-five minutes playing beauty salon with me. She made me push my lips out just so to put pretend lipstick on, then she gently used my makeup brushes to apply eye shadow and blush. Over and over and Mama, your makeup came off, here let me help you again. Okay, it's time for dance class, go get a dress on. She picks out my long blue one for me to wear, with three hairclips and a headband in my hair, courtesy of her, of course. This was at 9:30 at night. Then we had a brownie. [I'm not always the best mama-setting example. But we sure do have fun every now and then.]

She's so girly. And careful and considerate of other people's feelings, like if someone is crying she wants to fix it right away. She has such a loving heart for her sister. I absolutely adore her little personality sprouting as a two year old. [Also, she is totally sassy and letmethrowmyselfontheground when I throw a fit two year old. But I'm going to focus on the I duv you so much mama you look like Snow White, two year old.]

And Naomi. Oh my. Don't even get me started. Since the day she was born she has made me want another baby. She turned eight months old yesterday, but I swear she was just making her fast and furious entrance into the world just last week. So, I'm pretty much baffled at her age. Where did eight months go? She is my rolly-polly in more ways than one. She isn't crawling yet, but she can roll herself around like it's her job, put her on some slick floor and she scoots herself backwards and around and around in circles. She learned to clap a couple of weeks ago, not full out clap, but definitely gets the concept. She is a great eater, and still going strong with nursing. Although, she won't really nurse in public, way too many distractions for the girl. Her sleeping isn't bad either. On average (some days are tougher for sure!) she is getting up once around 5 in the morning (going to bed about 7:30). This past week she had her first experience at the pool and loved it. Also, don't hate me for saying this, but she hardly ever, ever cries. Teething-yes, belly ache-yes, over-tired-yes, but these are few and far in between. [I have been on both sides-Audrey was a crier.] Naomi is my laid back sweet doll baby, with a good tan.

Just for the record, it is getting harder and harder to get a picture of her without movement. This is what happened right after I snapped the above picture.

It is so true when they say the days are long, but the years are short.

No comments: