6.11.2011

a reminder to myself.

Sometimes I need to remind myself that breakfast doesn't have to be just breakfast. It's a time to take in Audrey's sweet gap-tooth smile while we talk about what we want to do for the day and share what we are thankful for. Or to count Naomi's toesy-woesy's while she reaches for them with her dimpled fingers. The car rides aren't just to get from one place to another, but moments to talk about how God created the trees and oh, look there's Diego in the tree over there. And to sneak glimpses in the rear view mirror of sisters gushing over each other in their car seats. Getting a toddler dressed in the morning is much more fun when kissing machine is involved. Bedtime stories aren't just the final step before ahhh, sleep, finally, rather it's moments to travel together to far off place on clouds of pink cotton and talk about the caterpillar that turns into a butterfly and to feel the arch on their smooth baby skin backs. The early morning wake ups with mama, let's play and Rapunzel dangling in my face is actually the best way to wake.

Taken at the park earlier in the week. Thankful for my phone when I don't have my camera.
*
*
*
*
*
I just need to remind myself that the everyday is extraordinary.





No comments: