12.05.2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Edited to Add: Over at I Should Be Folding Laundry, I came across her Christmas Tour of Home, which brought me to a new blog I just discovered and LOVE, The Nesting Place. The Nester has this grand idea to share your Christmas decorated home with others. Well, since I already shared some of my decorations in a previous post, I am just going to link this post right up.

So, enjoy taking a tour of my new-old 1930's bungalow that we are in the process of still renovating!
.
.
.
.
.
I may not have a fully functioning kitchen. Or a door on Audrey's room. Or trim around anything. But I do have up Christmas decorations. A beautiful Christmas tree. And a house full of warmth.

(Ah, yes. Baby's First Christmas picture will be displayed every year.)

(Stockings my best friend and I made, hanging up in my bathroom on an old metal cabinet I found at a local antique store. Did I mention the inner stockings are made from velvet? So divine.)
(Christmas tree sitting above the old metal cabinet- wait till you see the whole bathroom complete!)
(Ignore the unpainted door. It will be painted one day. Any suggestions on color, throw them my way. I was thinking light-minty green? If that even makes sense.)
(The piece above used to have ugly fake fruit on it. I took them off and added the pretty ornaments I scored at Goodwill the other day. The ornaments were also added to the wreath I made hanging on our door.)

(I love the papa, mama, and baby deer hangers.)
If you haven't noticed yet, I love everything vintage. I think people back in the 50's had great taste [and just overall great ways of living. But that is for another post, another day.]. Furniture was made a lot stronger too. But what I really love about vintage finds are the stories behind each piece. Someone used it before I did. What did they do with it? Who opened up that cabinet door? Was it a little girl like Audrey looking for her toys? For some people, it is so not appealing to use something some else once had, but for me, I love to be another story for that special piece.

I hope your homes are looking merry and bright in which ever way you love to decorate.

No comments: