2.02.2011

v-day decor.

I have never been one to decorate for Valentine's Day. I'm not really sure why, I just haven't. In fact, I always tell my husband not to get me chocolate or flowers on V-Day, because the prices sky rocket and I think it's dumb to spend the money. Before you go thinking I'm all cynical, I'm really not. I like the holiday, I do. I just prefer to be more low-key about it, I suppose.

This year, however, I have decided to embrace the upcoming love holiday. It's going to help me get through these crazy snow days. It's only twelve days away, you know. Yesterday Audrey and I made some decorations for the house. She sat on my lap and helped me sew, which was basically one of the cutest moments eva. We made some heart garland, inspired by this post. The garland is super cute and easy. I just cut out some hearts from paper I had in stock (I don't even have a heart puncher), then literally just sewed the pieces together.



Then I came up with the idea of making heart sticks (that's what I call them). I lined up three pieces of the same cardstock paper and cut out hearts. Then used a hot glue gun to glue the pieces together and put a skewer stick in the middle. Why a skewer stick? Because that's what I had in the house. We are iced in, and I'm trying to get creative with my decorations by using what I have.


And why not line up some Scrabble pieces that say I love you.


There you have it, my Valentine's Day mantel shelf.


Do you decorate for Valentine's Day?

Also, if you are in the mood, I created my first treasury on Etsy. It's all about love, red, and hearts. Take a peek.

No comments: