2.01.2011

welcome february with randomness.

We're snowed iced in today. I knew it was coming. I even tried to be on the ball and go grocery shopping Sunday evening. But it never fails, I still had to stop by the store yesterday evening. Audrey must have overheard me talking about going to the store, because she said "mama, you going to the mad house?"

Audrey has been obsessed with being a 'beautiful princess' lately. Like the second she wakes up she has to put on a dress-up outfit, her crown, find her wand, and get out some high heel shoes. I don't even know how she comes up with this stuff. The only "princess" movies she has seen are The Little Mermaid and most recently Tangled in the movie theater. She will also ask me to hold her hands and dance with her. Of course, I don't pass up an opportunity to dance.

We made homemade fingerpaint today and went at it. Don't be like, whoa your awesome, because, folks, it's super easy to do. Take 2 cups of flour and 4 cups of cold water. Heat on low until it thickens. Add a little bit of salt. Let cool. Separate into containers and add food coloring.

And bam. You have fingerpaints.



Did you enter my giveaway yesterday? I keep reading the comments because they make me smile and inspire me to make more. Friends, family, stalkers, all may enter. Also, I have been adding new skirts to the shop. So take a peek! And thank you to those who have already entered and spread the word via facebook and twitter.

I don't feel like making dinner tonight. (Tell me you have those days too.) But it has to be done, I suppose. I am kind of wondering if there are any fairies that bring dinner to your doorstep on icy days.

I had sunflower seeds, natural cheetohs, grapes, and blueberries for lunch. Apparently, it wasn't enough, because I'm still hungry.

Here's a picture of Audrey at lunch. It's nearly impossible to get a picture of her sitting still anymore or without any princess gear on. But restrain her to a chair and give her food, then snap.


February is here. Naomi is going to be four months in a couple of days. So bring it. I'm ready for the month I usually dislike the most. 

No comments: