4.06.2009

What Were You Doing at 19?

My 19 year old brother has now been in Iraq for over three months. 19 years old and he is fighting for freedom as a military police officer. Wow, what was I doing when I was 19? Let's see, not sleeping in a bunk with other soldiers. Not driving a gigantic tank around. Not carrying a gun every where I go. Not mingling with Iraqi children. Not experiencing dust storms. Not on missions. Like my brother is everyday. I was in college. Living the dorm life. With family and friends very close by. I am so proud of him. I sent him a care package in the mail today and can't wait for him to get it. He is going to be getting this picture...

Audrey posed so nicely for it. But don't be fooled. A few seconds later she was doing this...

And that was that.



No comments: