4.01.2009

Back to the Future.

I always thought it was the coolest movie ever. I mean, the way the car doors opened like wings. The way the skateboards "floated" around. And Marty McFly was so dreamy. I totally wanted to own a time machine after watching Back to the Future. I think I may have even brainstormed ideas on how I could make one myself. I remember watching the movies and wondering what it was going to be like when I was older. What was my future going to look like? Would the houses be floating like The Jetsons? Would we have cool cars like McFly's? I mean at the time, you were hip if you had a gigantic cellphone (if you can even call it that) attached to your car through a huge bag of some sort. [Wow, flashback right now, to my parents car and that phone]. Oh, and power windows were just coming in. Wow, Audrey will probably never know that we used to have to roll down the window at drive-thrus. Life has definitely changed.
Now, here I am living in my future. With a baby. A husband. A house. In the country. Living life. And I could careless about all the futuristic things. [Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for technology and such, but I don't have to be in the know, ya know] And now I think, what will my daughter's future look like? What will things look like when she is driving?

No comments: