11.16.2010

mama time.

When you become a mom, time is no longer measured by actual hours and minutes instead you begin to see life in mama time.

It's not 7:15 in the morning, it's oh my gosh, she slept for eight hours straight last night and I'm ahem, about to explode.

It's not 9:30 in the morning, it's I have 15 minutes till the next feeding, quick, get a load of laundry in the washer and do the dishes.

It's not 12:15pm, it's just about an hour till naptime, thank goodness.

It's not 3:30 in the afternoon, it's just two hours till the husband comes home (if we are lucky and he is on time).

It's not 5:00 in the evening, it's just a half an hour till the food is done in the crock-pot and I'm so hungry, I forgot when nursing you pretty much do.not.stop.eating.

It's not 8:30pm, it's I'm exhausted, if I stay up until 10pm I'm doing good.

And in mama time, you look at your babies and think...

I can't believe she is six weeks today, which means she is almost two months, and then six months, and before I know it she will be a year.


OR

When did she become an actual toddler? With a voice and ideas. And oh my, I just love her and I wonder if there is a stop growing button somewhere on her.

[At least once during the day Audrey will look at me and say "I'm a bootiful princess." Then she goes to her room and comes out in her tutu. And we dance together in the living room.]

And right now my mama clock is telling me it's time to hit up Starbucks for a non-fat peppermint white chocolate mocha with whipped cream. Just kidding. But maybe I should add that hour in my day somewhere, perhaps.

No comments: