6.12.2010

comfort flavor pie.

I told you about the vintage pink Pyrex pie dish I scored at a garage sale yesterday for .50, right? It was so dag'on cute that it motivated me to make something to put inside of it.

See the pretty dish.


A sugar cream pie seemed like the perfect fit for it. I never had made one before, but that's what I Naomi was craving, so you know, I had to make it.

I used this recipe for the crust. I only made one crust, so I halved the recipe. I also used butter-flavored Crisco, which I think added a delicious taste to it. The crust was so, so good. Oh, and I don't have a pastry blender, so I just used two knives and sort of just karate chopped the shortening in, and I think it worked just fine.

I used this recipe for the pie. It was really easy, but you do want to watch it when you put it in the broiler, it only took about a minute or two. Also, I let it chill in the fridge for about an hour after baking it, I think it helped settle it.

See how purty it is?

Okay, fine it doesn't look that pretty. I assure you though, it is not burnt, that is just the cinnamon on top where I may have sprinkled a little too much and it baked that way. I also assure you that the pie was mmmm, mmmm, good.

Also, I completely ignored calorie intake and being healthy here. Because, duh, it's a sugar cream pie, there isn't anything healthy about it, except maybe it makes me happy when eating it. And happy is good.

No comments: