6.19.2010

it's all true.

It's Father's Day weekend, but there really isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about how lucky I am to be married to one amazing man that makes an incredible daddy to our little girl.

I mean it.

I love watching him in the moment as a daddy. When I can hear him singing gently to Audrey before bed, Down by the Bay or Baby Beluga. The words quietly seep out from under the door and my heart melts. Or when he wears Audrey on his back in the Ergo while we are trying to get dinner done in the kitchen. [Basically, babywearing dad's are hot, especially mine, I might add.] Or when he is about to leave for work and he comes back inside multiple times in the morning just to hear Audrey say "Buh-bye Daddy" and get kisses. Or when he has a lot of work to do, but puts in family time first when he comes home and then has to stay up extra, extra late to get work finished when we are all asleep. 


Audrey and her daddy watching the storm roll in last week

Happy Father's Day to the best daddy. Ever.

No comments: