6.21.2010

garage sales.

Some of my favorite things to do in the summer include going to flea markets, estate sales, auctions, farmer's market, and garage sales. I love a good find, whether that's food or a cherished item. This past weekend somehow I managed to go at least one garage sale Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I don't think I have ever done that before. I also made my way to an auction Friday night. I bid on an old porch swing, lost, but walked away with a huge carton of rasberries for .50 and a free bag of zuchinni.

On Friday morning I went to one the best garage sales I have been to in a long time. It started at 7am, you bet I was there (Andrew was at home with Audrey, so I could fly solo). A good garage sale [for me] includes vintage items in good condition and must be reasonable aka very cheap. Here are some of the things I snagged...

vintage ABC wall art for $2 (hanging in Naomi's room)

6 vintage milk glass Fire King mugs each only $1

4 vintage Thermos each only $1 (the shelf they are displayed on in my kitchen came from another garage sale on Saturday for $3)

2 vintage chairs- already reupholstered really cute...wait for it...wait...FREE!

I also walked away with 4 vintage frames that I plan on painting and hanging in Naomi's room and the hallway (each only $1).

Then on Sunday I went to another fantastic garage sale, that included a lot of vintage clothes. I bought four dresses, a shirt, a pair of shoes, and a ring, all for $13!

Here are the Seychelles shoes I scored for $2.

Now, when I garage sale I don't always come across great finds like this. To every three or four sales I go to, I usually find one really good one. And when I hit that really good one, it makes me happy. Used, old items make me happy. I'm kind of weird like that.

No comments: