1.21.2011

goop, gak, and what not.

You know that whole choose joy thing, that I am consciously trying to do each morning. I think it's working out quite well. Considering how much little sleep I have had lately, I am feeling pretty good about my days. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm exhausted when I wake up and wish I had just five more minutes to sleep. I am still grumpy and short on patience sometimes, but I'm trying. And that's what really matters.

Yesterday, we had the best stuck-inside-because-of-snow, messy day that we could. Including making goop, gak, and snowman sugar cookies with decorations and all.

To make Goop: Take 1/2 c. cornstarch, 1/2 c. baking soda, 1/4c. water, mix in bowl. Add food coloring for fun, but remember, it can stain the hands for bit. (We don't mind a little color.)




To make Gak:  Put 1 c. of glue in container, add food coloring and stir, then add 3/4 c. of warm water. In separate bowl mix 2 Tbsp. of Borax with 3/4 c. of warm water. Then mix both solutions together. Drain any extra water. (This took some trial and error for us. Moral of the story: Use Elmer's Glue, the cheap stuff won't work nearly as well.)

(There aren't any pictures of Audrey besides her hands, because she was practically naked while playing.)

Who says sugar cookies are only for Christmas time? My mouth certainly says they aren't.



And as usual, Naomi was a doll-baby all day while we made a fun mess.

(My little sister took this photo. She has been staying with us all week,
while my dad is on vacation with my brother.)

Our weekend is pretty free of plans. [Which I love.] Do you have anything exciting going on?
*
*
*
*
*
*
By the way, the goop and gak recipes are not my own, I found them on a website, but I forget which one. Why reinvent the wheel, right?


No comments: