1.29.2011

legacy.

I've been some what emotional and out of whack this week (as you can see here and here). So, I'm going to try to spare you another woe is me post. I truly do like trying to look on the positive side of things.

But, in all honesty, life and death thoughts have been consuming me. [I'm not going all morbid on you, don't worry.] I just have been reminded about how short and temporary our lives are here, on Earth. [And wow, how grateful I am for eternal life in the end.]

I've been thinking about my legacy. What do I want my children to remember about me? What do I want others to remember about me?

It's not about a big house. It's about having your door always open for visitors.

It's not about gourmet cooking. It's about the mouths you offer to feed even if is just a bowl of spaghetti.

It's not about the car you drive. It's about using that car to help others.

It's not about the next big promotion. It's about living for now.

It's not about how many vacations you go on. It's about spending time with those you love, in which ever way you can.

It's not about always being happy. Sometimes when we put ourselves in uncomfortable and inconvenient places, we will find Him there.

It's not about looking our best. It's about making sure other needs are met before ourselves, that's when we will feel the most beautiful.

It's not about me, it's about you.
*
*
*
*
Also? I wrote this post for me. I don't really expect many to read it. There aren't pictures. But these words are pulling on my heartstrings. And I need to release them.
*
*
*
*
One more thing. I am feeling much better today. I have had so many sweet words of encouragement sent my way. So thank you. thank you so much.

No comments: