12.02.2010

advent season.

It's here. Advent season. A time of giving and to remember Jesus' birth. I spent last weekend making an Advent calendar to fill each day up with a piece of paper that says what activity we would do. [Which by the way, you think sewing on felt would be easy, but clearly straight lines are not my friend.] The calendar didn't turn out exactly how I wanted. But you know, what? It's handmade and I just know it's going to bring many years of fun and memories for my little family.


 I can just picture down the road in fifteen years, the girls asking me if we really have to get out that old calendar that doesn't even go with any of our decor. And I'll tell them about the time I sewed it together when they were babies (the same story they will hear every year) and yes, we will continue to hang up that old dingy Advent calendar.

Okay, so on to the activities. For the first day, Audrey painted angels that we will pass out to grandparents. And we listened to Hark the Herald Angels Sing while painting. It made me really happy.


I bought the angels at Michael's on sale for about a dollar for the whole set. The paint I already had. A good place to buy inexpensive art supplies? The Dollar Tree.

Today we are going to decorate and lace a paper stocking. And this weekend one of the activities include Audrey and Andrew going to visit Santa on a train. So fun!

So are any of you doing Advent activities? If so, please share-- that way I can steal the ideas too. :) Also, I'm linking up with Liz over at Sugarplum Creations, there you can check out other fun things to do.

No comments: