12.10.2010

this is where i admit i grew up in the 80's.

Do you remember that one shirt or pair of pants you had to wear like every day when you were a kid? Mine were hot pink spandex bike shorts, not that I would admit something like that. Oh, and I had a pair of Umbro shorts that I absolutely loved and wore all the time. [Fine, I will admit this, I still have them. No lie.]

Then, remember in high school when you couldn't wear the same thing for like another two or three weeks, because, gasp, what if someone noticed you wore that shirt just last week? [I know, completely, silly, but I did that.]

Well, I think I'm getting back to that point of childhood. Where I want to wear the same thing over and over. Because, hey, who cares. If I love it, I should wear it. I want to simplify my closest (and life) and keep only what I love. Even if that means I keep four shirts, two pair of pants, a sweater, and five tank-tops. I mean, I have always dreamed of having some great big walk-in closest. But really, what would I fill it up with? Things that are just okay to me. Stuff that I might wear once or twice. I'm going to go through my small closest that I have now and even downsize more. If I don't love it, it's gone.

So watch out, I'm going to be that kid that wears her My Little Pony shirt everyday. With her Umbros. And I'm going to rock it.
*
*
*
*
*
Feel free to make me feel better and admit that you also own a pair of Umbros still.

No comments: