12.27.2010

friendship bracelets aren't just for kiddos.

Yesterday I snuck away for a couple hours. [So thankful Naomi takes a bottle of gold the good stuff just fine.] I went to my annual lunch date-Christmas exchange with my besties. The besties include five girls who have been the best of friends since middle school, which brings us to about 15 years of solid friendship. Do you know how awesome that is, and how grateful I am to have friends like this?

Friends that take time to make you homemade gifts. Friends that search Etsy to find the perfect earrings for you. Friends that buy you a scarf made by African women because they know your heart. Friends that buy you a friendship bracelet. You know the kind, the one where you have half the broken heart and it says best and then she has the other half that says friends. And then you put it together to make one big beautiful best friends heart. Just kidding. I'm not wearing that type of friendship bracelet. Mine is a delicate bracelet with five little sterling silver hearts on it, that represent each one of us.

 Stephanie (basically Audrey's second mama) and Sarah

Susan, me, and Kacie (Sarah and Susan are twins, but I'm sure you already figured that out)

Oh, and you don't have to tell me, I know I have some beautiful friends--both inside and out!

No comments: